(photo by caleb wood on unsplash)
DYCLE is aiming to be one of the world’s first fully zero-waste, systemic production company for baby diapers. Breaking new ground, by developing a value-chain with multiple income streams - producing high quality ecological products, at competitive prices, whilst building community along the way. This is innovation at all levels:- from production, to the product, to the relationships with parents and babies, and healthy soil.
Our mission is to create a global network of decentralized, diaper producers around the world - each using their own local resources as material inputs for production, and all parts of this network collaborating together.
What we do:
DYCLE is building communities around parents and babies, offering a 100% bio-based, and 100% compostable, diaper inlay. The inlays are collected within the community and transformed into high quality soil substrate. This soil substrate is then used to support the growth of newly planted fruit and nut trees, closing the loop in the cycle.
Currently we are developing our own diaper production line and preparing the publication of our first guidelines book. With the technological solutions and guidelines, we want to spread our vision to other cities and countries, and support the implementation of the system as soon as possible.
DYCLE seeks your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
Internship/student-job (f/m/x) Technical development
Timeframe: 01.03.2020 to 31.05.2020
Working time: 20-40 hours per month/ 5-10 hours per week
Salary: to be negotiated
- Support the installation of our production line
- Mounting and adjustment of components, configuration of electronics
- Participation in development and testing
- Student (f/m/x) or background in engineering
- craftsmanship, experience with wood- and/or metal working
- some knowledge/interest in electronics, mechatronics
- An international team with an innovative vision and great collaborative spirit
- Lots of opportunities to network in the Berlin sustainability scene
- An exciting social start-up with a string of awards already under our belts!
- Opportunity to contribute to a world without diaper waste
We are looking for a curious, open minded and practical student, who wants to work with us on the development of machines for the production of diaper inlays. If you have an eye for detail but never lose sight of the bigger tasks at hand and have some experience in wood and metal working as well as electronics or mechatronics, you are the right fit for us.
Please send your CV and motivation at: firstname.lastname@example.org